William Gale on washingtonpost.com


Speaking of the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, William Gale, senior fellow at Brookings, did a webchat earlier on washingtonpost.com. I have no idea how long this link will be active, but I'll repair it if it breaks. He does some really good armchair explanations of why the "jobs and growth" tax cuts recently passed and signed by the only president we got will not provide us with either jobs or growth. Also explains to several questioners that the Laffer curve is an idea that doesn't hold up in practice. What's the old joke? "An economist is a person who sees something work in theory and wonders if it will work in practice."

Shameless self-promotion: I should remind my gentle readers that I mentioned that the tax cut wouldn't help jobs or growth earlier.

Popular posts from this blog