Notes on camera


In my travel across Ireland, we had two cameras, a Minolta Freedom Explorer EX film camera, and a Minolta Dimage S414 digital camera. After we got back, I uploaded the pictures from the digital to Wal-mart.com, and for 26 cents they printed them onto photo paper. Shipped, we had 97 photos for around 27 or 28 dollars. I cannot tell a difference in the quality between the film camera and the digital, with one exception. The digital has a few pictures where the exposure wasn't adjusted as accurately. Whether this is because of the printing process I do not know. Otherwise color and contrast was pretty good.

I may buy one more film SLR camera in my lifetime. But I don't think they'll be around 10 years from now. Overall I'm incredibly impressed by the digital. Once they can make it focus and shoot as quick as the smaller, lighter film camera, there will be less need for the film camera.

Popular posts from this blog