I never cite Andrew Sullivan


Except this time, and he's quoting the Simpsons. Remember the episode that parodied the Schoolhouse Rock "I'm Just a Bill"?

www.AndrewSullivan.com - Daily Dish

[Amendment] I'm not garbage
I'm an amendment to be
Yes, an amendment to be
And I'm hoping that they'll ratify me
There's a lot of flag-burners who have got too much freedom
I want to make it legal for policemen to beat 'em
'Cause there's limits to our liberties
At least, I hope and pray that there are
'Cause those liberal freaks go too far


Oh, and he also links to this Mike Luckovich cartoon. You know, Bush thought he was just pandering to the right-wingnuts when he endorsed the anti-gay marriage amendment. Instead, he's going to lose more support from his moderates than he'll gain from his base. Only think I think Karl Rove was thinking is that the moderates will get over it before election day, while the hard-core will remember. But I think it'll be the opposite, the moderates will remember, and the core will forget because they'll still be out of work.

Popular posts from this blog