I'm back


Sorry I've been away so long. I spent most of my vacation away from the internet, away from the Washington Post, and away from the TV news. I get back to the real world, after hearing bits and pieces of the Abu Ghraib abuse, and it just sickened me. So, I've spent the last two weeks with my head in the sand, not reading the Post, not watching much news unless it's from a European source, and just hoping that it'll all go away. It hasn't. So, I'm back, and ready again to start yelling about this goddamn train wreck of a war that the Bush Administration got us into. His speech tonight reassures the faithful, but no-one else. Too many lies have been told to the American people for this to keep working. Hell, they even lied about the weather in Crawford, TX, to make us think that his bike accident was the result of rainstorms.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Datanerd just got back from visiting the in-laws. They wish that congress would spend as much time trying to figure out a workable medicare drug benefit as they've spent investigating the Abu Ghraib abuse. While this is probably a good idea, it reminds me of Mussolini making the Italian trains run on time, a feat not matched before or since. See Dave Neiwart's blog for more about how Fascism erupts when Democracy goes off the rails.

Popular posts from this blog