Vice-Presidential Debate


I'll be watching the debate, and will try to post some notes afterwards. I'll not be drinking (much) and won't be running back and forth from my easy chair to the computer. That was just too much work.

This is the bout of "Mr. Sunshine" (Edwards) versus "The Human Grumble" (Cheney). The format will be Cheney's best friend. He looks good behind a desk, a virtue that Halliburton put to good use. The facts will be Edwards best friend. Let's hope he can hammer them home and keep Cheney on edge. Let's face it, while the debate will in one sense ride on the facts, it'll also ride on how the candidates appear. And Cheney has learned from Bush's woeful performance, so I doubt he'll be scowling as much as usual.

Oh, and if I do have a drink during the debate, it'll be Magner's Cider (Sold in Ireland as Bulmer's). Mrs. Datanerd loves the stuff, and we were thrilled when they started importing it.

Final note: I'll be hanging out under a palm tree in the Florida Keys starting tomorrow night, so no updates until next week. I'll try to post comments about Friday night's debate when I get back.

Popular posts from this blog